Christmas make up tips:
How to look like the belle of the ball
With so many cosmetic procedures available these days, it can be tempting to go under the knife for a nose job or liposuction – but surgery isn’t your only option. The right makeup can help you feel like the belle of the ball this Christmas (and disguise a wide range of flaws), so why not treat yourself to some new cosmetics and start practicing your festive look?
Achieve a flawless complexion
It’s supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year, but what about if you wake up with a face full of spots and pimples? Well, if you’re having a bad skin day, let your complexion breathe for as long as possible before applying your makeup. When the time comes to go out, mix a little foundation with a drop of moisturiser and start to rub it in – working from your forehead down. Bear in mind that too much concealer can actually draw attention to your bad bits, so try to use it sparingly.
Add some colour to your cheeks
One of the best ways to achieve a natural-looking glow is to apply two shades of blusher. If you have a pale complexion, use a light peachy colour to highlight your cheekbones, before using a slightly richer shade (perhaps rose or golden apricot) to bring out the contours of your face. If you have a darker skin tone, use corals, browns and bronzers as a base before sweeping across a plum, grape or dark grape to add fullness to your cheeks. Choosing the right cosmetic is essential, but the only way to really know for sure what looks good is to experiment.
Create beautiful, sparkly eyes
Christmas is the perfect time for glitz and glamour, so make your eyes sparkle this year. To start with, brush a neutral eye shadow over your lids before choosing a more dramatic product and rubbing it underneath your eyebrow and close to your upper lash. Next, emphasise the shape of your eyes using a quality liner and apply two coats of mascara. Once it’s dry, get hold of some facial glitter gel and apply it to the outer corner of your eyes. How much you use will depend on your own tastes, but don’t be afraid to stand out from the crowd.
Make the most of your lips
While there are many ways to decorate your lips, keeping things simple is often the best option. If you don’t like using lip liner, use a fine brush to apply your lipstick and seal the colour with a little gloss. Keep each cosmetic in your bag so you can reapply it at any time and slip a pack of wet wipes in too – just in case it decides to smudge. If lipstick isn’t your thing, gloss (or even Vaseline) can make your smackers shine with very little effort!
You don’t have to be a beautician try these makeup tips, so get creative today.
As you might have guessed, this is a sponsored post. I thought it was relevant to the season and it does have some handy hints. I also thought that ‘smackers,’ meaning ‘lips’ is a fabulous turn of phrase.
So, thanks for reading and ‘Mwah, Mwah…Mwah!’ *Kay does over the top Granny kisses with perfectly made up smackers*
- activities advertising Age Appliances Online art Beauty blogging Book Books Cakes chainmaille charity children Chocolate Christmas Colitis Competition Cookery cooking Craft Days out depression diet donations Easter Eggs Evolution PR family fashion flowers food France Fridge Freezer games gardening hair health Holidays Housework humour kids medication Museums National Railway Museum parcels for delivery Penguin penguin amnesty Penguins play PostPals Post Pals potty training Presents rain Reading recipe Recipes review Reviews school Shoes Sleep Summer Holidays sunshine sweets tea Top That Publishing toys Travel Trees Ulcerative Colitis vlog washing weather weight loss writing
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/Ee_uujKuJMI?a Green Day - American Idiot [OFFICIAL VIDEO] 3 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/M3siTU1Ygxw?a Autumn Rain and Wind in the Forest - BLACK SCREEN - Relaxing Rain on 2 months ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/YIoqCfg0AVI?a 🎧 Calm (Quiet) Summer Forest Night Sound -|- 8 Hours Sleep, Relax, 2 months ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/qrvBUHq4Bl0?a 8hrs Rain in a Car "Natural Sound" 2 months ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/jRlCYbuQGiw?a 12Hrs Windy Rain on Umbrella - Sounds of Nature 2 months ago