‘Why??’ As a mum, this one word is one I deal with every single solitary day, over and over and over and over again. ‘Why is the sky blue?’ ‘Why do I have to wear my underpants this way round?’ ‘Why should I eat with my fork, my fingers work better?’ ‘Why doesn’t the moon fall down?’ etc etc. This is the topic of a meme Wendy from Inside the Wendy House tagged me with. The aim is to include questions that WE want answers to.
So here are my ‘Whys?’ Any answers will be appreciated. In fact I demand answers, just like the kids do, it’s my turn to be a nuisance. Please tell me…..
1) Why can’t I walk in heels without staggering around looking like I’m drunk. Was I born without balance? Am I allergic to pointy, smart shoes?
2) Why do I read approximately five books at a time on average, stack and topple them next to my bed, lose them constantly, forget the page I’m up to, have to re-read them and retrieve them from the kids’ bedrooms after Sausage has used them as ammunition whilst arguing with his sister. Why don’t I just buy a Kindle, drop it in the bath and save time and effort.
3) Why can’t I stop staring at the bathroom, hoping it’ll one day clean itself as if by magic. It’s never going to happen is it?
4) Why do I become obsessed with random projects that have absolutely nothing to do with real, practical every day life. Penguins. Say no more.
5) Why do I write detailed lists, ignore the most important points and then lose them when I’m bored of looking at them. Accidentally on purpose of course…..
6) Why do I read cookbooks on the loo? It’s probably just not nice.
7) Why do my jeans always end up with holes in the left knee. Do I have a sharp knee? Will the lady at the charity shop ever pluck up enough courage to ask me that?
8) Why can’t I eat just one biscuit, instead of the whole packet plus a packet of crisps and a Snickers.
9) Why do I have 9518 emails in my inbox? Who put them there? Was it you?!!! *stares accusingly*
10) Why won’t the spacing work on this stoopid blog! Why are there no gaps and why can’t I add them? *rages*
10) Why do I always say ‘So there you go?’
So there you go!!!! That’s me done. Now I’m passing this meme onto some other lovely bloggers. If you want to join in with this you just have to:
1) Post your whys – as many or as few as you like.
2) Link your post to Mummy Central,
and it would be great if you could leave a comment too.
3) Tag 5 bloggers to keep this going.
4) If you’re not a blogger, leave your whys as a comment below! I’d love to read them!
5) Show your support by reading a few others and commenting on them.